Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ghosts in Your Memory

I find myself trying to look forward, yet being haunted by the ghosts of days past. Trying to look 7 years ahead while remembering 7 years ago. Time changes so quickly and time moves so fast. What seems so far away today will be yesterday shortly. I wonder why it is that letting go of the past is so difficult. Why what if plays such a prominent part of the human psyche.
I am not stunted by the past, it just seems so difficult to break away from in the journey forward. There is always a place for reflection, but the rooms along the aisle of my memory can be haunting sometimes.
In our Christianity we see many examples of the spirits of Legion, what we often need is to take the time to expel them as much as possible and use those efforts best to move ahead rather than reflect on the what ifs.

No comments: